Saturday, October 18, 2008

Love

The most trivial and important
Experience that could be brought
Upon man

What could love really be?
What could love really do?
What could love make us feel?
What could love make us do?

Is it love when I feel
Like I'm on the top of a pedestal
Singing at the top of my voice,
Eyes closed,
And him in my mind?

Or is it when I lay down in bed
And try to sleep, but
His image appears and
Makes me happily dream?

What could love really be?
It may be the funny feeling
In my stomach, or
The sudden chill and warmth
When his presence suddenly
Embraces me.

It may also be the desire
To give everything and
Anything
Just to be with him

What could it really be?
It can be expressed
In a million words,
And still leave a gaping hole
About what it is

And as of now,
Love is something
I'm sure I would be giving him.

No comments: